Sunday, July 18, 2010

Tricky they are

We have been discussing the similarities between the Catholic and LDS church. And he agrees that the similarities are strong. However, if I dug deeper, I would find the huge differences. I don't plan on digging deeper. I plan on continuing on my merry away which is not to the cold waters of the baptismal font. 
I've been going to church because he's going to be set apart as the Elder's Quorum President. I want to be there for that since it's so important to him. So I went to church today and still no setting apart. I'll go again next week. I want to take a break. I want to not go for a while. And yet... because of this setting apart.....I'll continue to go. Yeesh.
I talked to a person today who lives in the care center next door. She wants to be friends. She's sweet. And wasted no time giving me a task. I don't mind. It was an interesting day over all. I'm looking forward to moving.
I did realize that he would like to belong to the same church as Chris. I wish I could grant that for him but I don't see it happening. I just don't want to live in Spanish Forks. I feel selfish. I do see that they'd be a powerhouse together. And I also see that I am an obstacle. It is not for me to decide or ponder today. We're still a while away before we move. Leave. Whatever.
One of my favorite people is moving to Idaho. I didn't even get to say good-bye. That's so sad. She's been an inspiration and I've loved talking to her. She's so funny. I'm going to miss her. But the up side: she's on my facebook so I can send her messages at any time. 
Sometimes the bright side shines much brighter than the tarnished side. :) And I know that makes no real sense but it makes a lot of sense to me.

1 comment:

Snowbrush said...

A union between a committed Mormon and a Catholic who are under the impression that their churches are similar sounds potentially disastrous to me. Since kids are important to the Mormons, and birth control is forbidden to Catholics, what would you do, trade out taking your children to two churches? And then there's the tithing issue. If he's giving 10% to his church and you're giving a lesser amount to yours, you might well grow resentful, especially if the two of you are strapped for cash.