Sunday, March 14, 2010

Sometimes it's a good day

With so many baptisms happening, focus is shifting on me. Now I would have been upset before. I would have ranted for hours and made him miserable as he tried to fix it. He has been my knight. He heads them off. But the frenzy is getting to a pitch and I can hear people whisper. It sounds like I'm paranoid but I'm not. When people start sentences with "I'm not pressuring you toward baptism....", then the pressure is definitely added. He said over his dead body will they talk to me about baptism. He's on a crusade. It's very sweet.

Today was a good day. There is a new family being baptized next Saturday. They are a really sweet family and very sure of what they're doing. Crazy. And they aren't letting the people of the ward get to them. And they're trying. They won't pronounce their name right, they ignore her husband, but they love the kids.

Last night was a game night at the church. The children came with their mom. And everyone ignored her! She sat next to me and they'd come over to say hi to me but would ignore her when I introduced her or reminded people who she is. It was sad and made me slightly angry. She eventually left with a "headache" and I couldn't talk her out of it. She wants to belong to this church because she sees that it's doing a lot for her kids but they won't embrace her because she's Hispanic and is afraid to speak English. Argh.

But there is still hope. I know that. I feel that.

No comments: