Sunday, March 28, 2010

Hmmm....A good day!

Today I realized I am one of those people who go to church for the people. Not for the sermons or the sacrament or any of that. I have become attached to a handful of people and those are the ones I go to see. 
I'm not normally outspoken in church.  Any grievances or complaints I have I save until the end and tell them to him. He usually fixes it for me or explains it so I don't hold a grudge or whatever. I'm actually very good at letting go of the grudges and grievances. Today, though, I was outspoken. There is a woman who has annoyed me since we started going to this church. She once pulled me aside and said that the longer it takes me to get baptized, the more apt I'm going to follow the "adversary" and go beyond the outer darkness.  Then she cried. It has always rubbed me wrong and it's something I can't seem to let go. Anyway, that's the history.  She's very abrasive and offensive and doesn't care if new people are there or not.  Today she said that people are not obedient of god or anything until they join the church. And it peeved me. She preached for a good ten minutes. Then I raised my hand and said that people can be obedient before they join. There are many people who are obedient to god and don't belong to this church.  She was not happy with me. But then he spoke up and said that not just the new people and investigators who have to be obedient. But it's a message/lesson for everyone not to be complacent about following the commandments, especially members. She was very quiet during Relief Society. 
That lesson also irked me. World moral discipline.  World meaning USA.  Yeesh. 
One of my favorite people hugged me today.  She's always so peaceful and soothing. It was a good day.

No comments: