Friday, April 30, 2010

It was a sneaky night

I did the missionary dinner thing tonight. She joined us and then took them to a play/musical. I don't know what it was. She volunteered, which was impressive.  At the end of the dinner, though, they snuck in a lesson. About how a person sometimes has to give up family to follow the true path, the true savior, whatever. And it'll work out in the next life or now. It was annoying. And then one of them said he really enjoys when I go to the baptisms. I don't know what that means. I know that people firmly believe the more baptisms I go to the more I'll fall into it and want to do it. The less likely I am to walk with the adversary, whatever that means. I don't believe in the adversary or the devil. I believe that Lucifer was terribly misunderstood. Victor Hugo wrote an excellent poem about the fall of Lucifer. Even he said Lucifer was misunderstood. I get tired of hearing how I'm robbing myself from the true experience by not doing what they want. I'm tired of discussing it. Done.

No comments: