Saturday, January 23, 2010

Today has been okay

Tonight was a baptism night.  He performed the baptism and said the wrong thing!  The poor girl had to go back under.  Still, it was a good, yet uninspiring, baptism.

During the "intermission"--while they were changing--we had to write our testimonies.  The missionary passed out the paper and pens and sat down to write.  He gave me paper.  Did not give me pen.  It was almost like he was fighting with himself to offer me a pen.  After five minutes, where I felt a little humiliated, he finally offered me a pen.  I don't know why I didn't ask for one.  I could have.  And I don't really have a testimony, according to that church.  But I wrote something for the girl.  He said not to take it personally.  I do, though.  Every time I'm around that church, someone reminds me of my "lack of baptism".   So I felt like he was saying I wasn't good enough to write anything for the girl since I haven't been baptized.  He said I was making too much out of it.

I don't care.  I think they should concentrate on people who really want this particular gospel and leave me to my own little musings.  We're going to do this again on Feb. 6 when someone else is getting baptized and wants him to do it.  He's in great demand.  They want him for missionary work and baptism because he doesn't talk down to people or make them feel horrible for their first religion.  He's come a long way since he was baptized.

No comments: