Saturday, January 9, 2010

A bout of malaise.....

The other day I tutored a 13 year old LDS boy. And we went to the college down the street to study. I thought we should have snacks/drinks to fortify us in our studying.  I bought tea. I obviously wasn't thinking. The next thing I know I'm being lectured by him about how I'm not supposed to be drinking tea. I'm not baptized, I say. Which surprises him. He thought I was. He thought I was hard core because I'm always at the church. He asked if I was Christian. I said yes. And feel horrible for lying.  It's true that I believe in Jesus. It goes further than that. But the rest.....meh.  He has decided he will recruit D and they will save my soul. He doesn't want to think of me stuck in outer darkness because I didn't accept the "true gospel". I am a firm believer that I will not be in outer darkness. I know I will be wherever D is.  If he's in outer darkness, then that's where I'll be. It's not high on my priority list. Obviously, though, my priorities are messed up. I don't care. He did apologize to me for judging me.  He still feels that he has to convert me.  Tutoring him will be very interesting indeed.

No comments: