Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Counting my blessings

I am going to the church on Sunday because he's singing and I love his voice. I want to be there for that. I sometimes get the impression that he doesn't want me to pick and choose when I go. He wants me to commit and stick to that commitment. I don't feel he's being fair. And when I mention that, he says I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be, which is infuriating. But I usually let that slide. I do my best not to get into these discussions because he is so adamant about how everyone is lacking. Anyway, this isn't to complain about him. Because he's actually been trying harder than he has for the last three years and I appreciate that.
We are poor. Not as poor as some. And I'm in total denial about how bad it really is. But his church has come through and paid our mortgage, electric, and water bills as well as provide us with food. A lot of food. I'm grateful for that, too. I wish, though, that there were no strings attached.

No comments: