Saturday, February 27, 2010

When did that happen????

Somewhere in the last two years, he started thinking like them. Somewhere in the last two years, he started adopting their stance on issues that are polar opposite to what he used to believe. I must have blinked. I don't know when it happened. I don't know how it happened. But it happened. And it caught me completely off guard. He used to say that the gays were special people placed on earth for a higher good because they have to put up with so much. Now he says he agrees with the cult's stance. He used to say that it was wrong to baptize dead people without the knowledge of the family. Now he wants to know what the big deal is. And yet, in every other way, he appears normal.

I blame the Mormon special that was on tv. But that's only a symptom. That's what made me realize his thinking changed. Somehow, I forgot to add that religious fanaticism is a deal breaker. It really bothers me and he doesn't see why.

He also acts like I'm prolonging the inevitable. He talks about when I go to temple with him. The only way I'm going is if it's not dedicated yet. Right now, I feel disgust and I'm glad I'm not going tomorrow. This is all too much to process.

No comments: