Thursday, February 4, 2010

Stupid....stupid...stupid

There is nothing worse than getting a lecture about religion from a 13 year old who is only parroting what his parents think. There is nothing more annoying to me than to hear about another religion and they're wrong. And when I call them on it, they act like I'm the crazy one.
Tuesday the boy brought up baptism. He said I really need to get with it and do it because I could die tomorrow and burn in hell. For some reason, Catholicism came up. Now this boy has been LDS his whole life. He's never even visited another religion or church. But he told me about the Catholic churches and what the Catholics believe in and wouldn't shut up. I told him he needs to do research before he opens his mouth. I told him I was Catholic (though not practicing) and he said I need to go back to the Catholic church because they don't need my kind in his. Really? My religion converts to his religion! It's ridiculous. It's left a sour taste in my mouth.
He is back to moving to Missouri. I can feel it. I can sense it. And it's not going to be pretty.

No comments: